Adam C. Roundy
M.S. Business Information Systems—Electronic CommerceUtah State University, Logan Utah
May 2005, GPA: 3.95
B.A. Journalism—Public RelationsUtah State University, Logan Utah
May 2000, GPA: 3.59
Minors: Marketing, Spanish
Honors: Cum Laude, Outstanding Student in Public Relations 1999—2000
Sr. Software EngineerSabioso, Clearfield Utah
- Develop application for US Forest Service using Java, Spring, Hibernate, and Flex/ActionScript for the UI
- Backup System Administrator for when the primary SysAdmin was away.
Software EngineerPartnet Inc. Salt Lake City Utah
January 2009—May 2011
- Converted company's paper based timesheets to a web based timecard application; Implemented features for project management, reporting, and projection; and export to Quickbooks for payroll accounting.
- Work on internal applications using Ant, Java, Guice, Spring, Struts2, Hibernate, Tomcat, and PostgreSQL database.
- Installed and configured webMethods Integration Server
- Perform troubleshooting and updates for webMethod processes
- Complete bug fixes for DoD web application
Systems Services ManagerPartnet Inc. Salt Lake City Utah
September 2007—January 2009
- In charge of configuration and maintenance for email, backups, monitoring, DNS, and DHCP; and for desktop support and inventory & budget management.
- Train and oversee work of two other employees, and maintaining a project plan for work backlog and priority scheduling.
System AdministratorPartnet Inc. Salt Lake City Utah
November 2005—January 2009
- Installed and configured email services (Postfix, openLDAP, Dovecot) and migrated email to a new server with almost no interruption to company employees.
- Assist with server maintenance (user accounts, firewall, networking, security scans, sudoers file) on over 100 Red Hat Enterprise Linux and FreeBSD servers.
- Inventory Manager—Perform annual inventory audits, submit relevant reports to government agency, and created a thorough government property control policy.
- Designed an inventory control application that tracks hardware and software acquisitions and maintenance history, installation information, and generates a monthly support renewal schedule and a budget projection report.
- Programmed and deployed the two-tier application (.jsp interface and an Oracle / Postgres database) using the eclipse IDE and Apache Tomcat.
Technical WriterICON Health & Fitness, Logan Utah
September 2000—November 2005
- Wrote, laid out, and illustrated user's manuals and exercise guides for strength equipment using QuarkXPress, FreeHand, and Photoshop.
- Monitored multiple factory production schedules for project prioritization.
- Coordinated project completion between illustrators and myself.
- Gathered information from engineers, factories, and other departments necessary for the user's manual.
- Developed new documentation methods in Excel for project tracking.
- Information System Design
- Designed artwork tracking and scheduling application to facilitate communication, artwork tracking, and schedule coordination between seven departments and groups, and multiple manufacturing factories.
- Estimated annual benefit to company: $98,000 in employee time and reduced expenses.
LDS Stake Young MenPresident: January 2009—Present
- Oversee youth planning committee that plans several community youth activities throughout the year
- Provide training for youth leaders in eight local congregations
- Youth Conference (Apr 2008) Committee Chair (Overnight conference with over 100 youth in attendance)
- Helped establish a functional and very successful Stake Youth Council
- Prepared agendas and kept minutes of bi-weekly meetings
- Helped plan and implement leadership training meetings
- Helped plan and implement activities for local youth and adults
- Completed assignments for activities as requested
USU Chapter of PRSSATreasurer: October 2009—April 2000
- Spearheaded the Rocket Launch 1999 PR plan (to increase membership and establish organization goals that would benefit its members)
- Promoted membership and participation in PRSSA, resulting in the largest membership in chapter history.
LDS MissionaryDistrict Leader: September 1995—August 1996
- Oversaw as many as eight other volunteers.
- Trained new volunteers.
- Achieved intermediate level competency in Spanish (July 1994-August 1996)
JAVA, Spring, Struts2, Hibernate, SQL, Ant
HTML, CSS, .jsp, tags, Flex/ActionScript
bash/unix command line
Less FamiliarPHP, VB
Eclipse, Tomcat, SQuireLSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Perforce,
Postfix, OpenLDAP, Dovecot,
MS Office Suite / OpenOffice, Freehand, QuarkXPress,
Server platforms (Red Hat Linux), Desktop platforms (Ubuntu , Windows)
Less FamiliarDreamweaver, Kohana, webMethods, webLogic, CVS,
Server platforms (FreeBSD), Desktop platforms (Mac)